Tuesday, 12 June 2018

Review #73 - A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir




Details:

Title: A Torch Against the Night
Author: Sabaa Tahir
Publisher: Harper Voyager
ISBN 13: 978-0008160340

Synopsis:


A TORCH AGAINST THE NIGHT takes readers into the heart of the Empire as Laia and Elias fight their way north to liberate Laia’s brother from the horrors of Kauf Prison. Hunted by Empire soldiers, manipulated by the Commandant, and haunted by their pasts, Laia and Elias must outfox their enemies and confront the treacherousness of their own hearts.
In the city of Serra, Helene Aquilla finds herself bound to the will of the Empire’s twisted new leader, Marcus. When her loyalty is questioned, Helene finds herself taking on a mission to prove herself―a mission that might destroy her, instead.

Review:

This is the sequel to An Ember in the Ashes, so I won't go into too much detail. I loved having the three POV's (Elias, Laia and Helene) as it allowed us to follow the story all across the country as the characters split up and their paths diverged. The new characters were intriguing and some of the revelations heart breaking. The amount of interesting elements in this book meant I was totally hooked and eager for the next one.

I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment