Saturday, 27 June 2020

Book Hooked Box Unboxing May 2020



In this post I am going to be unboxing the Book Hooked Box May 2020 box. (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)

Book Hooked Box is a bi-monthly book subscription box that focuses on YA novels and self care. Each box is made to create an indulgent and relaxing bookworm experience whilst keeping the price low.

The theme this month was Hooked within a Book
Spoiler filled post under the cut







The artcard was really nice and captured the idea of entering a bookworld really well.


                    
             


First up was a Book Hooked candle by Ash & Quill Candles and a book boyfriend bookmark designed by Felfira Moon Designs. I like the fun design of the bookmark but the candle scent is definitely not for me.


Next up was a white hot chocolate stirrer by Pendragon Drinks, I usually love these hot chocolate stirrers but sadly white chocolate doesn't agree with me so this will be given to a friend. There was also a cookie included which was in the shape of a cupcake. These vegan cookies are from Gardners Cookies and I love them! (I have also recently discovered that the bakery they are from is in my home town which is not great for my waistline)



Lastly the bonus item was a tote bag with a very relatable quote on it, I love a good tote bag even if I do have way too many.



The book included in this box was Storybound by Emily McKay. The book also came with a letter from the author and a signed bookplate.

Synopsis: 

Dezi has lived in nine towns in the past six years. She knows her mum feels bad about it, but she doesn't mind. Who wants friends, anyway? All she's ever needed are her books. She's lived a thousand lives, had adventures she couldn't even begin to imagine. To Dezi, the places she discovered between the pages of a book are as real as the world she lives in. When she walks into her favourite bookstore, the last thing she expects is to walk out onto the pages of the kingdom of Mithres...or that the book boyfriend she's loved more than life, Kane the Traveler, really exists. And he has no clue the fate that awaits him in book five... Now that she knows the truth, she has a chance to save Kane. But if she changes the story, will she ever find her way home?


I liked this box but I have to admit it wasn't my favourite. I always love the care and attention that goes into these boxes and that was on point. It is just a shame on my part that I can't enjoy the hot chocolate :(

2 comments:

  1. If it's any consolation, I've yet to find a hot chocolate stirrer that's actually nice, they just don't seem to be as good as the powder. I've seen two or three box opening posts today and it's making me want my Fairyloot box even more! It's due to be shipped next week.

    Current Post: July 2020 YA Book Releases

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I've had these stirrers before and the milk one is lovely, I was just disappointed this one was white as I cannot stand white chocolate in any form.

      Yes! I am super excited about Fairyloot too!

      Delete