Details:
Title: Nick and Charlie
Author: Alice Oseman
Publisher: Harper Collins
ISBN 13: 978-0008389666
Synopsis:
Everyone knows that Nick and Charlie are the perfect couple – that they’re inseparable. But now Nick is leaving for university, and Charlie will be left behind at Sixth Form. Everyone’s asking if they’re staying together, which is a stupid question – they’re ‘Nick and Charlie’ for God’s sake!
But as the time to say goodbye gets inevitably closer, both Nick and Charlie question whether their love is strong enough to survive being apart. Or are they delaying the inevitable? Because everyone knows that first loves rarely last forever…
Review:
Nick is heading to University without Charlie but things will be fine right? I mean there's no way anything will tear them apart...only now Charlie isn't as sure as he thought he was as he questions the future of 'Nick and Charlie'.
Nick is heading to University without Charlie but things will be fine right? I mean there's no way anything will tear them apart...only now Charlie isn't as sure as he thought he was as he questions the future of 'Nick and Charlie'.
I adore the Heartstopper graphic novels by Alice Oseman but have been a but iffy on her novels however because this one focused on Nick and Charlie (the main boys from Heartstopper) I decided to give it a go and I am so glad I did. This was such a moving novella, it focuses on the boys as Nick is about to head off to university and the feelings that brings up for both boys. The vulnerability both boys display is so true and you just want to hug them both. It is amazing how much feeling Alice can display in such a short space of time. With her beautiful artwork scattered throughout the book it connects to the graphic novel series so well.
I would definitely recommend reading Heartstopper first to get to know the boys first but I think you would still follow it even without that.
I gave this book 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment