Deep within the mountain, a great creature stirred in its sleep. Its eyes rolled back in its head, and its wings jerked wide open…
When 12-year-old Billy Chan finds out his parents are sending him to a summer camp in middle-of-nowhere China he doesn’t know what to expect. There he meets fellow campers Dylan, Charlotte and Ling-Fei and together they stumble upon an age-old secret: four powerful warrior dragons, hidden deep within the mountain behind the camp. They have been trapped since an epic battle with the Dragon of Death and need the children’s help to set them free before terrible evil is unleashed on the earth. Billy and his friends must set off on a dangerous adventure that will take them to the heart of the Dragon Realm. But can they save the dragon and human worlds from destruction?
Is summer camp in China really going to be as boring as Billy Chan expects or will there be some dragon shaped surprises awaiting him?
This book was brilliant. It was fun, adventurous and exciting all the way through. What I personally appreciated was how well the kids got along from the outset, it was so refreshing to see no initial fighting or bullying. They got along pretty well and actually started to get to know each other. Seeing how the dragons reflected the personalities of the children was really clever and I loved how individual they all were. Overall I am really excited to continue this series, it was definitely a strong start.
I gave this book 4.5 out of 5 stars.
(I was sent the audio version of this book by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review)

No comments:
Post a Comment