Details:
Title: Jungledrop
Author: Abi Elphinstone
Publisher: Simon & Schuster (Release date 1st October 2020)
ISBN 13: 978-1471173684
Synopsis:
Eleven-year-old twins, Fox and Fibber, have been rivals for as long as they can remember. Only one of them will inherit the family fortune and so a race is afoot to save the dwindling Petty-Squabble empire and win the love of their parents.
But when the twins are whisked off to Jungledrop, a magical Unmapped Kingdom in charge of conjuring our world’s weather, things get wildly out of hand. An evil harpy called Morg is on the loose. And if she finds the long-lost Forever Fern before the twins, both Jungledrop and our world will crumble.
Suddenly, Fox and Fibber find themselves on an incredible adventure in a glow-in-the-dark rainforest full of golden panthers, gobblequick trees and enchanted temples. But, with the fate of two worlds in their hands, will the twins be able to work together for once to defeat Morg and her dark magic?
But when the twins are whisked off to Jungledrop, a magical Unmapped Kingdom in charge of conjuring our world’s weather, things get wildly out of hand. An evil harpy called Morg is on the loose. And if she finds the long-lost Forever Fern before the twins, both Jungledrop and our world will crumble.
Suddenly, Fox and Fibber find themselves on an incredible adventure in a glow-in-the-dark rainforest full of golden panthers, gobblequick trees and enchanted temples. But, with the fate of two worlds in their hands, will the twins be able to work together for once to defeat Morg and her dark magic?
Review:
Can twins who have been told all their lives they must trample on others to make it in life not only work together but save their world as well as Jungledrop? It seems rather unlikely.
I really like Abi Elphinestone's writing and I loved Rumblestar. This book took me a little longer to warm up to it, the twins are rather unlikeable at first but eventually you see their personalities come through. I definitely found Fibber more likeable than Fox all the way through. I did however adore the little references to the previous books and I loved the conclusion, I thought that was really clever.
I would absolutely recommend this book to those who already love Abi's writing and like this series.
Can twins who have been told all their lives they must trample on others to make it in life not only work together but save their world as well as Jungledrop? It seems rather unlikely.
I really like Abi Elphinestone's writing and I loved Rumblestar. This book took me a little longer to warm up to it, the twins are rather unlikeable at first but eventually you see their personalities come through. I definitely found Fibber more likeable than Fox all the way through. I did however adore the little references to the previous books and I loved the conclusion, I thought that was really clever.
I would absolutely recommend this book to those who already love Abi's writing and like this series.
I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars.
(I was sent this book by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review)
(I was sent this book by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review)

No comments:
Post a Comment