Thursday, 5 July 2018

Review #81 - Orphan Monster Spy by Matt Killeen



Details:

Title: Orphan Monster Spy
Author: Matt Killeen
Publisher: Usborne Publishing
ISBN 13: 978-1474942386

Synopsis:


A teenage spy. A Nazi boarding school. The performance of a lifetime.

Sarah has played many roles - but now she faces her most challenging of all. Because there's only one way for a Jewish orphan spy to survive at a school for the Nazi elite. And that's to become a monster like them.

Survive. Deceive. Resist.

They think she is just a little girl. But she is the weapon they never saw coming... with a mission to destroy them all.
Review:

This book was definitely out of my comfort zone, I usually read fantasy and science fiction but his was historical fiction. However it was really bloody good. Some parts were hard to read (subject matter not anything to do with writing style) but it was a truly compelling story. Sarah was a great main character and I really felt for her throughout the book. Her growth was interesting and real and I'm looking forward to seeing that development even more in the next book.

I gave this book 4.5 out of 5 stars and I recommend you read it!

No comments:

Post a Comment