Monday, 23 July 2018

Review #89 - New World Rising by Jennifer Wilson



Details:

Title: New World Rising
Author: Jennifer Wilson
Publisher: Oftomes Publishing
ISBN 13: 978-1619845459

Synopsis:


Since witnessing her parents' murders at the age of eleven, Phoenix's only purpose in life has been to uphold her mother's dying words- to be strong and survive. But surviving outside of The Walls- outside of The Sanctuary- is more like a drawn-out death sentence. A cruel and ruthless city, Tartarus is run by the Tribes whose motto is simple, "Join or die." 

Refusing to join and determined to live, Phoenix fights to survive in this savage world. But who can she trust, when no one can be trusted? Not even herself.

Review:
This is quite possibly one of the best dystopian stories I have read in a long time. The characters had depth and were compelling, I truly cared about what happened to them throughout the book. The story was engaging and intriguing giving just enough information to make you want more. The setting was so well described I could perfectly picture it in my head. And that cliffhanger is a killer! Very much looking forward to the next book in this new to me trilogy.

I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment