Sunday, 27 December 2020

Review: Murder on the Safari Star by MG Leonard & Sam Sedgman

     




Details:

Title: Murder on the Safari Star
Author: MG Leonard & Sam Sedgman
Publisher: McMillan Childrens Books
ISBN 13: 978-1529013108

Synopsis:

Harrison Beck and his Uncle Nat are on the journey of a lifetime aboard the Safari Star – a luxurious steam train that will take them from Pretoria to the stunning Victoria Falls. Close encounters with the amazing animals and landscape of Southern Africa are adventure enough, but things get mysterious when a passenger is found dead inside a locked compartment. Is it just a terrible accident or is something more suspicious afoot? It’s up to train detective Hal and his new friend Winston to find out.

Review:
Can Hal and Uncle Nat have a crime free train ride? Of course not, but this time the stakes are higher when they may have to solve a possible murder on an African safari.

This was another superb installment in the Adventures on Trains series.

I love Hal and Uncle Nat, it was lovely to see their relationship develop even further in this story. And the new characters were brilliant, with each book I enjoy the new characters and it amazes me how quickly you come to like them and root for them. Obviously a sign of good writing in my opinion. This was a really clever plot with some really good twists, I adore these books and this one was fabulous. The illustrations are always wonderful and the drawings of the animals were beautiful. 

I would highly recommend this book, whether you have read the previous two or not, it's just a brilliantly entertaining book.

I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars.

I was sent this book by Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:

Post a Comment