Details:
Title: The Galaxy and the ground within
Author: Becky Chambers
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton Ltd
ISBN 13: 978-1473647664
Synopsis:
When a freak technological failure halts traffic to and from the planet Gora, three strangers are thrown together unexpectedly, with seemingly nothing to do but wait.
Pei is a cargo runner at a personal crossroads, torn between her duty to her people, and her duty to herself.
Roveg is an exiled artist, with a deeply urgent, and longed for, family appointment to keep.
Speaker has never been far from her twin but now must endure the unendurable: separation.
Under the care of Ouloo, an enterprising alien, and Tupo, her occasionally helpful child, the trio are compelled to confront where they've been, where they might go, and what they might be to one another.
Together they will discover that even in the vastness of space, they're not alone.
This was a bit of a bittersweet read really as Becky Chambers confirmed it was the last in the Wayfarers series.
I love how well Becky Chambers writes characters, and alien characters at that too. Her books never have overcomplicated plots, they are fairly straightforward and this one was too. The basic premise is a group of travellers get stuck at an alien waystation and discover new things about themselves and each other. It was a really interesting look at differences be it physiological, morals or ideals. I did like the overall feeling of hope and companionship this book gave me.
I would highly recommend this book, whether you have read the previous ones or not, as all of the books in this series can stand alone.
I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars.
I was sent this book by Netgalley and the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

No comments:
Post a Comment