Details:
Title: The Priory of the Orange Tree
Author: Samantha Shannon
Publisher: Bloomsbury
ISBN 13: 978-1408883464
Synopsis:
A world divided.
A queendom without an heir.
An ancient enemy awakens.
The House of Berethnet has ruled Inys for a thousand years. Still unwed, Queen Sabran the Ninth must conceive a daughter to protect her realm from destruction - but assassins are getting closer to her door.
Ead Duryan is an outsider at court. Though she has risen to the position of lady-in-waiting, she is loyal to a hidden society of mages. Ead keeps a watchful eye on Sabran, secretly protecting her with forbidden magic.
Across the dark sea, Tané has trained to be a dragonrider since she was a child, but is forced to make a choice that could see her life unravel.
Meanwhile, the divided East and West refuse to parley, and forces of chaos are rising from their sleep.
Review:
There is no denying this book is on the epic fantasy level. It took me a while to get into it (nothing to do with the book itself it's just been a while since I've read anything in the adult epic fantasy genre) but once I did I was hooked. I like how the book splits off into different sections as we follow different people and it is a close call as to whether Ead or Tane is my favourite character.
Ead has a brilliant backstory and I adore how confident she is and how the relationships she has develops throughout the book.
Tane, I think has the most character development, her story changes her whole world and I appreciated her character growth.
Loth was my least favourite character to begin with but he grew on me a lot as the book progressed and his relationship with both Sabran and Ead was so refreshing and enjoyable.
Roos intrigued me to begin with but I soon became annoyed and frustrated with him and how selfish he was. He was definitely my least favourite character.
There is no denying this book is on the epic fantasy level. It took me a while to get into it (nothing to do with the book itself it's just been a while since I've read anything in the adult epic fantasy genre) but once I did I was hooked. I like how the book splits off into different sections as we follow different people and it is a close call as to whether Ead or Tane is my favourite character.
Ead has a brilliant backstory and I adore how confident she is and how the relationships she has develops throughout the book.
Tane, I think has the most character development, her story changes her whole world and I appreciated her character growth.
Loth was my least favourite character to begin with but he grew on me a lot as the book progressed and his relationship with both Sabran and Ead was so refreshing and enjoyable.
Roos intrigued me to begin with but I soon became annoyed and frustrated with him and how selfish he was. He was definitely my least favourite character.
I gave this book 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment