Details:
Title: A Sky Painted Gold
Author: Laura Wood
Publisher: Scholastic
ISBN 13: 978-1407180205
Synopsis:
Growing up in her sleepy Cornish village dreaming of being a writer, sixteen-year-old Lou has always wondered about the grand Cardew house which has stood empty for years. And when the owners arrive for the summer - a handsome, dashing brother and sister - Lou is quite swept off her feet and into a world of moonlit cocktailparties and glamour beyond her wildest dreams.
But, as she grows closer to the Cardews, is she abandoning her own ambitions... and is there something darker lurking at the heart of the Cardew family?
Review:
Lou has always thought she knew exactly where her life was going, especially once her sister Alice gets married and starts her own life away from the family. But will one summer of new friends, parties and secrets show her a different path? And if it does will she be brave enough to walk it?
Lou was such an interesting character, I liked how headstrong and clever she was. It took me longer to warm to Robert but once I did I found him intriguing and the banter between him and Lou was golden. Caitlyn was a sweet character and her backstory was a lot deeper than I had initially suspected. One of the biggest things I loved was the positivity of all the female characters, there was no competition or back stabbing or bitchiness. I adored how welcoming they all were to Lou, and encouraged her independence. It was incredibly refreshing to see such positive female friendships.
Overall I absolutely adored this book and Laura Wood is someone I will keep an eye on. I'm not usually a contemporary reader but I've loved both of her books so far so maybe she is an exception ;)
Lou has always thought she knew exactly where her life was going, especially once her sister Alice gets married and starts her own life away from the family. But will one summer of new friends, parties and secrets show her a different path? And if it does will she be brave enough to walk it?
Lou was such an interesting character, I liked how headstrong and clever she was. It took me longer to warm to Robert but once I did I found him intriguing and the banter between him and Lou was golden. Caitlyn was a sweet character and her backstory was a lot deeper than I had initially suspected. One of the biggest things I loved was the positivity of all the female characters, there was no competition or back stabbing or bitchiness. I adored how welcoming they all were to Lou, and encouraged her independence. It was incredibly refreshing to see such positive female friendships.
Overall I absolutely adored this book and Laura Wood is someone I will keep an eye on. I'm not usually a contemporary reader but I've loved both of her books so far so maybe she is an exception ;)
I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment