Thursday, 9 April 2020

Review: Gargantis by Thomas Taylor


Details:

Title: Gargantis
Author: Thomas Taylor
Publisher: Walker Books
ISBN 13: 978-1406386295

Synopsis:
When an ancient bottle is found washed up on the beach after a ferocious electrical storm, all the residents of Eerie-on-Sea seem to want it ... but should they in fact fear it? Legend has it that the bottle contains an extraordinary secret that spells doom for the whole of Eerie-on-Sea. Could it be true that the vast sea creature Gargantis has awoken from her slumbers, and is causing the large cracks that are appearing all across the town? Finding themselves entrusted with the bottle, Herbie and Violet discover they will need to ride the terrible storm and pacify the creature if they want to save Eerie-on-Sea from sliding into the ocean and being lost for ever.
Review:
This is the second book in the Malamander series and I think I may have enjoyed it even more than book one. When Herbie and Violet get caught up in an argument of ownershop for an ancient bottle it leads them to an adventure far more dangerous than they ever thought. But is everything as it seems? It's up to the both to get to the bottom of it all before Eerie-on-Sea pays the ultimate price. 

Herbie is such an amazing character, I find him completely endearing and get very protective when anybody picks on him. I worried for him a lot in this book and my heart broke for him when more about his past was revealed. Violet is a good contrast to him being more bold and loud than he is, though sometimes this is a front she puts on. The adventure and mystery aspect of this book was super enjoyable and I really liked the way things were revealed. 

I highly recommend this book to adults and kids alike. A fun, engrossing story with wonderful illustrations throughout.

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment