Title: Glass Sword
Author: Victoria Aveyard
Publisher: Orion
ISBN 13: 978-1409150749
Synopsis:
If there's one thing Mare Barrow knows, it's that she's different.
Mare's blood is red - the colour of common folk - but her Silver ability, the power to control lightning, has turned her into a weapon that the royal court wants to control.
Pursued by the vengeful Silver king, Mare sets out to find and recruit other Red-and-Silver fighters to join the rebellion.
But Mare finds herself on a deadly path, at risk of becoming exactly the kind of monster she is trying to defeat. Will she shatter under the weight of the lives that are the cost of rebellion? Or have treachery and betrayal hardened her forever?
Review:
I moved straight on from Red Queen to Glass Sword which was a pretty good move since it picks up pretty much where it left off from the previous book.
This time I was into it a lot quicker, helped by more time spent with the secondary characters I think. It was really interesting to see Mare interacting with her family though. I think the author is perhaps becoming a lot more comfortable and confident with writing.
I would have liked a chapter or two from Cal's perspective, just to get some insight into his thoughts and feelings. Because a lot happens in this book and we're stuck with Mare's POV and her take on things.
I have to admit I enjoyed this book a lot more and there was a couple of scenes in particular which really got me involved.
Again I am giving this book 4 stars out of 5, the pace moved faster and there were a few twists I didn't see coming.
****

No comments:
Post a Comment