Friday, 20 January 2017

Review #3 - Magisterium: The Bronze Key by Holly Black & Cassandra Clare


Details:

Title: Magisterium: The Bronze Key
Author: Holly Black and Cassandra Clare
Publisher: Corgi Childrens
ISBN 13: 978-0552567701

Synopsis:
Magic can save you
Magic can kill you

It should be a time of celebration. The Enemy of Death is dead; a severed head proof of his downfall. The magical world has no reason to believe otherwise, and Callum, Tamara and Aaron are celebrated as heroes.

But at a party held in their honour, things go horribly, brutally wrong. A fellow student is callously murdered, and it seems Call’s worst fears are confirmed: there is a spy in the Magisterium.

No one is safe.

Now, using the powerful magic they’ve been taught, the trio must risk their lives to track down the killer. But magic is dangerous – in the wrong hands it could bring terrible destruction. And reveal the deadliest secret of all . . .



Review:

It had been well over a year since I read Book 2 in this series but luckily there was a little bit of a catch up in the first few pages to trigger my memory. Now I have to admit these books are super easy reads - this one I found actually to be a little too easy. There was a lot of build up for very little action or movement in the storyline. 

I like all the characters and the writing style is fine but the depth of story is a little lacking for me. But then since this book isn't really aimed at my age range that probably isn't surprising. It is a nice easy read that definitely doesn't give a book hangover and I think we all need those sometimes.

I give this book 3 out of 5 stars.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment