Saturday, 15 September 2018

Most anticipated releases October - December 2018

As we head into Autumn I am going to be looking at my five most anticipated reads for the rest of the year. I did realise as I was writing this post that they are all sequels and in some cases the last in a duology or trilogy.

First up is Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor: (2nd October 2018 UK release)



This is the sequel to Strange the Dreamer which was a 5 star read for me last year and the first book by Laini Taylor I had ever read. I loved the whimsical yet emotional way she has of writing and cannot wait to see what is in store for both Sarai and Lazlo. 


Next up is Soulbinder by Sebastien de Castell: (4th October 2018 UK release)




The Spellslinger series is one of my favourite series, I've read and re-read the first three books a few times - both the physical copies and the audiobooks and each time I love them just as much as the first. It has everything you need from a great series; wonderful rich characters, a detailed world, wonderful side characters and the perfect mix of drama, comedy, action and adventure. I cannot wait to return to the books and see what trouble Kellen gets into next. 


A Storm of Ice and Stars by Lisa Lueddecke: (4th October 2018 UK release)




I really enjoyed A Shiver of Snow and Sky and when I heard there was another book coming out I was very excited. While this isn't a direct sequel I am still excited to go back to the world Lisa created and follow a new character who I am sure I am going to love just as much as I did Osa in Shiver.


This Cruel Design by Emily Suvada: (1st November 2018 UK release)




This Mortal Coil was another 5 star read for me last year, I actually have a little collection of the first book including both the UK and US ARCS as well as finished copies. I loved the world building and the cleverness of the whole idea and cannot wait to see what happens to Cat and Cole, especially after the shattering reveal at the end of Mortal Coil.


Queen of Air and Darkness by Cassandra Clare: (4th December 2018 UK release)




 This is the final book in The Dark Artifices series by Cassandra Clare and I am dying to read it. After the heartbreak of the previous book I need to know how this series comes to a close and I hope my favourite characters survive unscathed until the very end. I am a big Shadowhunter fan and this series may well become my favourite of them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment