Saturday, 15 September 2018

Review #110 - Nightblood by Elly Blake




Details:

Title: Nightblood
Author: Elly Blake
Publisher: Hodder and Stoughton
ISBN 13: 978-1473635234

Synopsis:


Frost and fire have joined forces. Now, they must wage a war against darkness...
Ruby and Arcus face a more dangerous enemy than they could ever have imagined. Once Eurus opens the Gate of Light, darkness will be unleashed upon the world for all eternity.
The Frostbloods and Firebloods have formed a tentative alliance, and are now preparing for war - but Ruby is the only one who can prevent the catastrophe which is coming.
With the blood of night running in her veins, the line between good and evil becomes blurred. Ruby must be strong enough to face the darkness within - or else everyone she loves will be swallowed up by the night...
Review:
I loved this book so much. I fell in love with the Frostblood series right from reading the first book and it's one that sticks out in my memory all the time. It's also one of the first audiobooks I ever listened to so I found it bittersweet to listen to the last book in the trilogy too. There is action, drama and heartache in this final installment. It made me furious, worried and sad all at different points but also made me smile and laugh too. What I liked most about Ruby is that she is a flawed character and does make silly decisions sometimes but she is so loyal and sweet as well. I really like her spark and attitude to everything. Yes it does have some tropes and a few times I did wince (love triangles are really not my thing) but it didn't detract from the great story.  

I gave this book a solid 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment