Sunday, 14 October 2018

Review #120 - Otherearth by Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller


Details:

Title: Otherearth
Author: Jason Segel and Kirsten Miller
Publisher: Rock the Boat
ISBN 13: 978-1786074522

Synopsis:


Simon saved his best friend, Kat, from the clutches of the Company and their high-tech VR gaming experience, Otherworld. But it was at a steep price. Now he, Kat, and their friend Busara are on the run. They know too much. About the Company’s dark secrets. About the real-life consequences of playing Otherworld. And about Kat’s stepfather’s involvement in everything. The group is headed to New Mexico to find Simon’s old roommate, who is a tech genius and possibly the only person who can help them reveal the truth about the Company before it’s too late and the line between what’s real and what’s fantasy is erased…forever.

Review:
Now I have to admit while I enjoyed the first book in this series it didn't blow me away but I did enjoy it enough to read the sequel which started out okay but then got more and more vague plot wise and the ending left me kind of confused and let down. It definitely tried for edgey and didn't quite hit the mark for me. The characters are all quite interesting, though Kat seemed to get sidelined a lot when she is actually more capable than the main character however their relationship didn't annoy me as much as expected. I will read the next one in the hope that it will redeem this second book.

I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars.  

(I was sent this book by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review)

No comments:

Post a Comment