So up until the end of June 2019 I have read 81 books.
I have given 27 books 5 stars and 35 books 4/4.5 stars.
Without further ado onto the questions
Best book you've read so far in 2019
A Touch of Gold by Annie Sullivan
I really enjoyed this book and while I have read a lot this year which could take this title this is the one which came to mind for enjoyment, characters and plot.
Best sequel
Song of Sorrow by Melinda Salisbury
I loved State of Sorrow last year, it was one of my top reads and the sequel did not disappoint. I really loved the mix of political intrigue and characters in this duology. It was top notch.
A new release that you haven't read yet but want to
Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson
I keep hearing about this book and it sounds amazing! I've had it for a few weeks now and just not got round to it yet.
Most anticipated release in the second half of the year
Crownbreaker by Sebastien de Castell
I have loved this series from the start and it just gets better and better. So I am buzzing to get to the final book in this series. I know its going to be bittersweet when I do get to the end but I am definitely looking forward to the conclusion of this epic magic tale.
Biggest disappointment
Sherwood by Meagan Spooner/Once and Future by Amy Rose Capetta and Cori McCarthy
I was so excited about these books as they are retellings of two of my favourite tales with women in the lead but sadly they both fell very flat for me. They just weren't what I was hoping for at all.
Biggest surprise
The Flatshare by Beth O'Leary
I am not a big fan of contemporary books so when I saw this one and it sparked my interest I wasn't sure I was going to like it. However I really really enjoyed it, I buddy read it with my mum and we agreed it was fresh and new and just jolly good fun.
Favourite new author (debut or new to you)
Bex Hogan - author of Viper
I got this book as an addition in a Fairyloot box and I was really impressed when I read it. It was a great pirate adventure with some very interesting characters and I look forward to more from this author.
New favourite fictional crush
I don't really have fictional crushes but one new favourite fictional relationship is Luke and Silyan from the Dark Gifts series by Vic James.
New favourite character
Scarlet from Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
I loved Cinder in the first book in the Lunar Chronicles but Scarlet really bowled me over. She's quite sweet and quiet but can be totally fierce and brave when needed. I adore her and her relationship with Wolf is so nuanced and interesting.
A book that made you cry
Song of Achilles by Madeleine Miller
I adored this book, I listened to the audio and it broke me so much. I ended up in tears sat in my car in my best friends driveway. But I fell completely in love with it all.
A book that made you happy
To best the boys by Mary Weber
I had great fun reading this book. It was a good romp and the characters were all pretty interesting. It made me smile and I just enjoyed reading it.
The most beautiful book you brought
The Quiet at the End of the World by Lauren James
This book is stunning, it had foiling and subtle touches which you only notice when it's held in the light. And the story inside is just as beautiful as you would expect from Lauren James.
Books you want to read before the end of the year
I get quite a lot of books from book boxes so I would love to be up to date with those before the end of the year. At the very least I want all my fairyloot books to be done and ideally Owlcrate, Litjoy and Illumicrate too (these I get randomly while Fairyloot is every month without fail).



















No comments:
Post a Comment