Friday, 10 March 2017

Review #12 - A Darker Shade of Magic by VE Schwab




Details:

Title:
A Darker Shade of Magic
Author: VE Schwab
Publisher: Titan Books
ISBN 13: 978-1783295401

Synopsis:

Most people only know one London; but what if there were several? Kell is one of the last Travelers magicians with a rare ability to travel between parallel Londons. There is Grey London, dirty and crowded and without magic, home to the mad king George III. There is Red London, where life and magic are revered. Then, White London, ruled by whoever has murdered their way to the throne. But once upon a time, there was Black London...
Review:


I picked this book up because a lot of people on booktube were recommending it and basically raving about the series. The last book in the series came out in late February and since I'd heard the second book ended on a pretty big cliffhanger I figured I would pick up all three at once so I wouldn't have to wait between them.

I LOVED this book. So very much. Kell is amazing and I basically want to be Lila Bard. The storyline is well done, we learn about the characters quickly and with enough mystery that surprises revealed later in the book are brilliant. I didn't want to put it down and I can definitely understand all of the hype around the series, it is well deserved.

I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars and I moved onto the second book straight away.

 *****

No comments:

Post a Comment