Getting up early (The train takes an hour to get to London from where I am and the event started at 9am) we made our way to the shop and discovered it wasn't yet too busy and the authors were just sitting around ready to chat.
Firstly we got our books in order - purchasing ones we were missing/wanted to try and then sitting nervously for a while. We're both a little shy so it took a while to work up the courage to speak but once we did we were fine and they were all lovely.
(Books I took with me) (Books I brought)
We did kind of hog Alwyn's time for quite a while - which I was internally bouncing about as I have fallen so in love with her series recently - but she was incredibly friendly and it was really fun chatting to her.
We went primarily so we could get books signed and meet the authors. The books I wanted to get signed were Rebel of the Sands and Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton, The Scarecrow Queen by Melinda Salisbury and The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon. However when we got there Vic James and Katherine and Elizabeth Corr had their books there too so I got a copy of Gilded Cage and The Witch's Kiss and they signed those too.
It was a wonderful day and we were so glad we got to meet all the authors and support the bookshop too. It will definitely be one we visit in the future.



No comments:
Post a Comment