Saturday, 24 February 2018

Book Box Club Unboxing February 2018



In this post I am going to be unboxing the February 2018 Book Box Club box. (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)

Book Box Club is a monthly book subscription box. Each month you receive a specially selected YA book release and 2-4 hand picked goodies which fit in with the theme. Book Box Club also hosts a members only online book club where subscribers get a chance to chat to each other as well as the author about the book.


The theme this month was Into Dystopia (Spoiler filled post under the cut)





The first thing I saw upon opening the box was the spoiler card which listed everything in the box.



  

The first item I found in the box was a Dark Chocolate bar flavoured with Orange zest along with a tea based on the Dauntless faction from Divergent.




Next up was a pen in the shape of an arrow from Hunger Games along with a bracelet with a quote on it from The Handmaid's Tale. 


The very last thing was some swag from publishers.




The book this month was Outwalkers by Fiona Shaw. The book also came with a signed bookplate.

Synopsis: 

 The border’s closed, Jake said. No one can get into Scotland, just like no one can cross the Channel . . .

This is England and it’s no longer a free country. The Government can track anyone, anywhere, from a chip implanted at birth. But Jake has escaped from his Academy orphanage, and he needs to get to Scotland with his dog, Jet.

When the Outwalkers gang grabs him, they go off-grid while the Government hunts for them. The closer they get to Scotland, the more dangerous it is. Because now, it’s not only their own lives that are at stake . . .


I thought this box had a nice selection of items but wasn't the strongest. I sadly can't drink the tea as I react to ginger and the chocolate was okay but not particularly orange flavoured.

March's box is called Under the Sea and I am very much looking forward to it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment