So in January 2018 I managed to read a total of 14 books.
In order of reading I completed The Magic Misfits by Neil Patrick Harris, An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson, Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu, Beneath the Sugar Sky by Seanan Mcguire, Artemis by Andy Weir, The Power by Naomi Alderman, Princeless: Raven the Pirate Princess vol 1 by Jeremy Whitley, I Hate Fairyland vol 1 by Skottie Young, Otherworld by Jason Segel & Kirsten Miller, Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco, Weaver's Lament by Emma Newman, The Cruel Prince by Holly Black, Hero at the Fall by Alwyn Hamilton and Tales of Sand and Sea by Alwyn Hamilton.
Stats -
Hardback = 7
Paperback = 3
Graphic Novel = 2
Audiobook = 2
3*'s = 2
3.5*'s = 2
4*'s= 4
4.5*'s= 2
5*'s= 4
14 books was way more than I expected to read and I am very impressed with myself. My 5 star reads were Artemis, Beneath A Sugar Sky, Hero at the Fall and Tales of Sand and Sea. Both of the graphic novels I read were really good and I look forward to reading more in both series. The most disappointing read for me this month was The Power, this had so much potential and seemed to be building to something amazing but then just sort of hit a wall and left me feeling a bit 'meh' about it.
So in February I haven't got too much planned at all but it is a shorter month (by 3 days lol). So my somewhat provisional TBR for February is as follows; The Fandom by Anna Day, Morning Star by Pierce Brown & Spellslinger by Sebastien de Castell (this is a re-read for me but I am listening to the audiobook this time). I am also going to be taking part in the Timehopathon but that TBR will be up in a separate post soon.

















Looks like you read some pretty good books this month. Hope February is a good reading month for you.
ReplyDeleteThanks. Yeah overall it was a strong month! I'm hoping so too but not setting up too many expectations for myself lol.
Delete