Thursday, 22 February 2018

Top 5 Wednesday - 21st February 2018

Top 5 Wednesday!


Top Five Wednesday was created by Laineyand is currently hosted by Sam from Thoughts on Tomes. There is more information at the goodreads group. 


February 21st: Favorite Romance Novels
-- Romance as a genre is very under-appreciated in lots of circles. So recommend your favorite romance books. These are books where romance is the main genre, not a secondary one. 

So for today's topic I am going to list my top 5 favorite Romance Novels. I don't read a lot of romance but I managed to find 5 for this. 

Apologies for the delay in getting this up. 




1. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen




I have always loved this story (and even adore the BBC adaptation with Colin Firth) and Elizabeth Bennett has been a long time heroine of mine.  


2. The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella



I enjoyed Sophie Kinsella's Shopaholic series but this was the first standalone of hers I read and I absolutely love it. The premise is relatively simple, a young woman runs away from a scandal in her life and ends up accidentally being hired as a housekeeper. It's fun, fresh and very sweet.



3. A Weekend with Mr Darcy by Victoria Connelly





I have a soft spot for anything related to Pride and Prejudice and this story was so lovely and gave me so many nice feelings when I read it. It's perfect for a spring or summer read.



4. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte





Another classic which I really enjoy. The story of Jane has always stayed with me and while it has it's issues overall I still really like reading it. 




5. The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler




Again any connection with Pride and Prejudice gets me interested in a book and this one turned out to be much better than I was expecting. We follow the varying lives of the different book club members and how by coming together and discussing Jane Austen their own lives change and become intertwined.


1 comment:

  1. I've read and loved Pride and Prejudice. Literally all of the other books on this list are on my TBR. They all sound amazing and I eventually want to read them someday. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete