Wednesday, 1 August 2018

NEWTs - Magical Readathon TBR



For the whole August the NEWTs Magical Readathon will be taking place and since I passed my OWLs earlier in the year I have decided to continue on.

I will leave a link to a video explaining it all here.

The NEWTs run a little differently to the OWLs, the main thing being you cannot take a NEWT in a subject you didn't pass at OWL level. Luckily for me I passed all my NEWTs with the one exception of Muggle Studies.

The other difference is also that each subject have 3 levels of passing (meaning 3 different books to read for each subject)

Pass grades are [A] Acceptable, [E] Exceeds Expectations & [O] Outstanding at least one subject needs an Outstanding in order to pass NEWTs overall.

The video above explains it far better than I can so check that out.

Without further ado onto my TBR...


Ancient Runes  

Acceptable - Read a book set in the past 

Suitors and Sabotage by Cindy Anstey



Arithmancy 

Acceptable - Read a book with 300 pages minimum

New World Ashes by Jennifer Wilson (384 pages)

Exceeds Expectations - Read a book that ends of an even numbered page

The Storm Keepers Island by Catherine Doyle (Ends on page 300)

Outstanding - Read a book that isn't the first in a series

Saga Vol 8 by Brian K Vaughan




Astronomy

Acceptable - Read a book with stars on the cover

Catching Stars by Cayla Keenan



Care of Magical Creatures 

Acceptable - Read a book with an animal on the cover

Catwoman: Soulstealer by Sarah J Maas 

Exceeds Expectations - Read a book under 160 pages

New Avengers AIM vol 1 by Various (144 pages)

Outstanding - Read a book that includes dragons

The Caged Queen by Kristen Ciccarelli



Charms 

Acceptable - Read a book with magic in it

Heart of Thorns by Bree Barton



Defence Against the Dark Arts 

Acceptable - Read a book which is the last in a series

New World Inferno by Jennifer Wilson

Exceeds Expectations - Read a book with a foiled cover

Blood and Sand by CV Wyk (Audiobook but I do have the hardback)



Divination

Acceptable - Read a book set in the future

Nyxia by Scott Reintgen (Audiobook)

Exceeds Expectations - Read a book that is under 200 pages

Poe Dameron vol 4 by Charles Soule (166 pages)

Outstanding - Read a book involving mythology

Norse Mythology by Neil Gaiman (Audiobook)



Herbology

Acceptable - Read a book with a green cover

Saga Vol 7 by Brian K Vaughan

Exceeds Expectations - Read a book with illustrations

Miss Marvel vol 1 by Various

Outstanding - Read a book with light/sun/air/water in the title

Secrets of a Sun King by Emma Carroll



Potions

Acceptable - Read a book with a colour in the title

Onyx and Ivory by Mindee Arnett

Exceeds Expectations - Read a book with a male lead

Traitors Blade by Sebastien de Castell (Audiobook)

Outstanding - Read a book with a min of 350 pages

Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody (408 pages)



Transfiguration

Acceptable - Read a book with a grey cover

Planetfall by Emma Newman

Exceeds Expectations - Read a book by a new to you author

Mirage by Somaiya Daud

Outstanding - Read a book set in a kingdom or with royals

Grace and Fury by Tracey Banghart



There are 23 books here so I don't honestly expect to get through them all but I will do what I can and I have a few options for completing an Outstanding track so I should be able to successfully complete the NEWTs.



No comments:

Post a Comment