Wednesday, 12 December 2018

Review #137 - Scythe by Neal Shusterman




Details:

Title: Scythe
Author: Neal Shusterman
Publisher: Walker Books
ISBN 13: 978-1406379242

Synopsis:


In a world where disease, war and crime have been eliminated, the only way to die is to be randomly killed ("gleaned") by professional scythes. Citra and Rowan are teenagers who have been selected to be scythes' apprentices, and despite wanting nothing to do with the vocation, they must learn the art of killing and understand the necessity of what they do.
Only one of them will be chosen as a scythe's apprentice and as Citra and Rowan come up against a terrifyingly corrupt Scythedom, it becomes clear that the winning apprentice's first task will be to glean the loser.
Review:
This was bloody brilliant. Neal Shusterman's writing is brilliant, interesting concept, well paced plot, great characters and meaningful character development. I went into this not knowing much beyond it was a popular dystopian book and I feel that was a good way to go into it. Although I ended up so sad that it had taken me so long to get to it. I listened to the audiobook and the narration was spot on, it really brought the book to life for me and I immediately got the next one to listen to.

I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars, it was amazing and I am currently listening to the next in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment