Wednesday, 18 September 2019

Book Hooked Box - September Unboxing



In this post I am going to be unboxing the Book Hooked Box September 2019 box. (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)

FairyLoot is a bi-monthly book subscription box that focuses on YA novels and self care. Each box is made to create an indulgent and relaxing bookworm experience whilst keeping the price low.

The theme this month was Claiming the Crown
Spoiler filled post under the cut







The artcard was amazing, I really loved the image on it, it represented the box perfectly.


First up was a bookmark designed by Felfira Moon Designs with a Three Dark Crowns quote on it and a Desert Boys candle by Ash & Quill Candles. I have to say despite really not liking coconut I actually didn't mind the candle smell, it wasn't too overpowering.



Next up was a Rocky Road hot chocolate stirrer by Pendragon Drinks, sadly my dark chocolate buttons seemed to have gone walkabout as there was only 1 in the packet but I am still looking forward to enjoy it one evening. There were also two cookies included with crown designs on. These cookies are from Gardners Cookies and are vegan too!



Lastly was a lip butter by Ascent Bath and Body, it is far too sweet for me but it is a nice little addition. 




The book included in this box was Tiger Queen by Annie Sullivan. The book also came with a letter from the author and a signed bookplate.

Synopsis: 

In the mythical desert kingdom of Achra, an ancient law forces sixteen-year-old Princess Kateri to fight in the arena to prove her right to rule. For Kateri, winning also means fulfilling a promise to her late mother that she would protect her people, who are struggling through windstorms and drought. The situation is worsened by the gang of Desert Boys that frequently raids the city wells, forcing the king to ration what little water is left. The punishment for stealing water is a choice between two doors: behind one lies freedom, and behind the other is a tiger. But when Kateri's final opponent is announced, she knows she cannot win. In desperation, she turns to the desert and the one person she never thought she'd side with. What Kateri discovers twists her world-and her heart-upside down. Her future is now behind two doors-only she's not sure which holds the key to keeping her kingdom and which releases the tiger.


I really liked this box, it was simple but effective. I chose it because I loved Tiger Queen (see my review here) and wanted a finished copy so thought it would be a good chance to try the box and I am very glad I did. I will definitely keep an eye on this box in future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment