Monday, 5 March 2018

Review #25 - The Fandom by Anna Day



Details:

Title: The Fandom
Author: Anna Day
Publisher: Chicken House
ISBN 13: 978-1910655672

Synopsis:


Violet and her friends love being part of the fandom for The Gallows Dance. But at Comic-Con, they’re somehow catapulted into the story itself – for real. Trapped in a twisted world where they’ve accidentally killed the original hero, Rose, there’s only one way to survive: Violet must fill Rose’s shoes and put the plot back on track. No story is worth dying for … is it?
Review:

Overall I was disappointed with this book. It had a great premise and the concept was unique and interesting but I felt it just wasn't executed very well. It was very formulaic and predictable. The big 'twist' was obvious from the start and the not so subtle hints throughout rammed it into the reader a little too much. I cared little about the characters and the conclusion was just a bit too 'convenient'.

I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment