Details:
Title: Magisterium 4 The Silver Mask
Author: Cassandra Clare & Holly Black
Publisher: Corgi Childrens
ISBN 13: 978-0552567749
Synopsis:
Callum Hunt's life has fallen apart.
His friend is gone. The spy has escaped. His secret is out.
He is facing an existence behind bars, banished from the rest of the magical community for what he is - for what he might become.
But a shocking revelation has promised freedom - at a cost. Will he stay strong, and faithful to his friends and teachers? Or take the risk, and destroy everything he's ever loved?
This fourth year at the Magisterium will be unlike anything else that has gone before . . .
His friend is gone. The spy has escaped. His secret is out.
He is facing an existence behind bars, banished from the rest of the magical community for what he is - for what he might become.
But a shocking revelation has promised freedom - at a cost. Will he stay strong, and faithful to his friends and teachers? Or take the risk, and destroy everything he's ever loved?
This fourth year at the Magisterium will be unlike anything else that has gone before . . .
Review:
I have to admit I was expecting more from this book. The first two in this series were solid enjoyable reads, the third was a little iffy but this one felt so disjointed. Call spends far too much time worrying about whether a girl likes him which in the grand scheme of things is really not something of a priority. It really felt like a bad teen drama in those moments, which happened far too frequently. I know this books takes place over a much shorter time period than the others but I really hope the next, and I believe final, book can redeem it all.
I have to admit I was expecting more from this book. The first two in this series were solid enjoyable reads, the third was a little iffy but this one felt so disjointed. Call spends far too much time worrying about whether a girl likes him which in the grand scheme of things is really not something of a priority. It really felt like a bad teen drama in those moments, which happened far too frequently. I know this books takes place over a much shorter time period than the others but I really hope the next, and I believe final, book can redeem it all.
I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment