Details:
Title: Nephilim
Author: John and Carole Barrowman
Publisher: Head of Zeus
ISBN 13: 978-1781856437
Synopsis:
Seventeen-year-old Rémy is a Conjuror – someone who can alter reality with his music. But such a talent comes with a price. He and his superpowered friends, Matt and Em Calder, are engaged in a dangerous battle to save humanity as we know it.
If they are to succeed, they must first decide who to trust. An amoral seventeenth-century artist? A heavily-tattooed Chicago gangster? Or a nephilim, half angel and half human, with silver-flecked wings?
But time is running out. They must take action soon. For where fallen angels rule, chaos will reign.
Review:
This is the second book in this trilogy, which is a sequel to the Hollow Earth trilogy, and I found I enjoyed this one a lot more than the previous book, Conjuror. This book felt clearer and much more engaging. There were still confusing moments but I still enjoyed it more. The romance seems very confused and honestly I would much rather they just didn't go there rather than crow-baring it in, which is what it felt like. I do wonder how they are going to conclude it all.
This is the second book in this trilogy, which is a sequel to the Hollow Earth trilogy, and I found I enjoyed this one a lot more than the previous book, Conjuror. This book felt clearer and much more engaging. There were still confusing moments but I still enjoyed it more. The romance seems very confused and honestly I would much rather they just didn't go there rather than crow-baring it in, which is what it felt like. I do wonder how they are going to conclude it all.
I gave this book 3.75 out of 5 stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment