Tuesday, 21 February 2017

February 2017 - Fairyloot Unboxing



So today I am going to be unboxing the February 2017 FairyLoot box which I was anticipating greatly after the incredible January box. (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)

FairyLoot is a monthly book subscription box mainly focusing on fantasy YA and YA crossovers. Each month you receive a new release book, mostly hardback and 4-6 bookish items which fit in with the theme.


The theme this month was Emperors and Fugitives. (Spoiler filled post under the cut)



The first thing I saw upon opening the box as always was the spoiler card (On the reverse is a list of what the items in the box are and where they all came from)



The first thing I found in the box was a candle by Happy Piranha, it was called Kalusian Sunset - named by the author of the book and smells sweet but with a musky undertone. It's also full sized and will burn for approximately 35 hours. The design of the label is also really pretty.



Next there was a Baby Groot Funko keyring, a Celestial gunpowder bathbomb created by Bathing Beauties, an Illuminae quote coaster by Read at Midnight and Rebel of the Sands pouch by Alisse Courtier. I have to admit I adore the Groot keyring as it is so cute and having recently read Rebel of the Sands I love the pouch which is now holding all of my colouring pencils.



Now I have to admit when I discovered the next item I actually squealed. It's an art print of Manon and Dorian from the Throne of Glass series by Taratjah and it is quite honestly the most amazing thing in the world. I adore Manon and this is now taking pride of place on my Sarah J Maas shelf.



Lastly there was a space girl bookmark by Till and Dill, a sampler for The One Memory of Flora Banks and a mybookmark discount ticket.



And now for the main event. The book this month was Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza, which is released on March 1st.

Synopsis: 

Crown Princess Rhiannon, known as Rhee, has deadly accuracy with a blade and a thirst for vengeance. After her family perished in a suspicious spacecraft accident when she was just a child, Rhee grew up in exile while a corrupt government ruled in her stead. Now, Rhee has finally come of age to claim her title as Empress...and to avenge her family. But on the eve of her coronation, Rhee is brutally attacked by a government assassin and only narrowly escapes with her life. Without knowing who she can trust, Rhee goes into hiding, relying only on her sharp instincts and her trusty blade to survive.Across the galaxy, pilot Alyosha has risen above his war refugee origins to find fame as the popular star of a reality holo-vision show. But when Aly is framed for the attack on Rhee, he goes from celebrity to fugitive in an instant. On the run from the formidable UniForce army, Aly knows that his only hope is to find the princess and clear his name. Thrown together by an act of violence, Rhee and Aly eventually discover the attack is just one part of a larger plan with devastating, far-reaching consequences for the entire galaxy.


Also included was a signed bookplate and a letter from the author.


Once again I really loved this box, there was a nice variety of things included and I am so in love with the art print and the candle - I think I am beginning to have a candle obsession. I am looking forward to reading the book, in fact I may have already started it!

No comments:

Post a Comment