Thursday, 23 February 2017

February Unboxing - One True Pairing by Bookwormcandlescraft



So today I am going to be unboxing the February 2017 Bookwormcandlescraft box which I ordered on a whim when it mentioned Mortal Instruments and A Court of Mist and Fury (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)

Bookwormandlescraft is a monthly subscription box which contains 6-8 bookish related items always including a candle, soap and other surprise items all pertaining to the theme.


The theme for the month of February was One True Pairing. (Spoiler filled post under the cut)






The box is packaged really well, a box within a box surrounded by tissue paper and bubblewrap.

 


The box has the spoiler card on top and then the items all safely tucked neatly inside (In my box there was also an offer card for money off my next purchase which was a nice surprise)



The first items I pulled out were a room spray based on Karou and Akiva from Daughter of Smoke and Bone (I have yet to read this series but it is on my tbr list) and this smells amazing, it's fresh and clean and not too overpowering. Then there was a pair of wax melts based on Clary and Jace from Shadowhunters (I admit I was hoping for Malec or even Sizzy but that would be my personal preference) the smells are mangoes for Jace and coffee for Clary. I am not a fan of coffee, it makes me feel ill so this wasn't great for me and unfortunately because they were packaged together the mango one smells of coffee too. So that was a bit of a shame.




Next was a Hunger Games inspired necklace which is nice but a little big for me. It was sweet though and fit with the theme.


Then there were 3 badges with quotes relating to Throne of Glass, Six of Crows and The Wrath and the Dawn. I do like badges but have to admit the quality of these were somewhat lacking with the print being blurry and faded.



The last two items were by far my favourite both being A Court of Mist and Fury themed. First there was a Mor and Azriel candle and a Starfall soap. Both of these smell amazing and I love the glitter which is on the Moriel candle.



Overall I have to admit I was a little underwhelmed with this box but the candle, soap and room spray made it worth it for me. 

You can tell a lot of thought and care goes into creating the boxes and I think for me it was just a shame that some of the scents and pairings weren't to my taste.

I will however be getting the March box which is called 'I love you thorns and all' and is based on A Court of Thorns and Roses so I am hoping that one will be more to my liking. I look forward to opening that one in March.



No comments:

Post a Comment