Tuesday, 14 February 2017

Valentine's Day Special - OTP Post

Hello! 

So since it's Valentine's Day I have decided to chose my top 9 OTP's - for those who don't know OTP stands for it means One True Pairing and it's essentially your choice of characters which you think make a great couple. 

I'm not going to go into too much detail about the books in case people haven't read them so I'll essentially just fangirl about the pairings instead.

1. Alec Lightwood and Magnus Bane - Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare.

I've always loved this pair, they complement each other so much and despite the books not really focusing on them their relationship builds and grows and faces problems and there's just such a sense of realism to them. I basically just adore them.
(Tarot card art by Cassandra Jean)

2. Yelena and Valek - Study Series by Maria V Snyder.

I love the progression of their relationship and just how much they have both grown and developed over the series. Both as individuals and a couple. They're at times sweet, argumentative, protective and caring. 



3. Lysandra and Aedion - Throne of Glass series by Sarah J Maas.

It may seem odd that I haven't chosen Aelin and Rowan or even Manon and Dorian and while I do love both of those pairings there's just something about Lysandra and Aedion. It hasn't been easy for them and they're not officially even a couple yet but I have hope they will be - if we can just fix the end of Empire of Storms that is.



4. Feyre and Rhysand - A Court of Thorn and Roses series by Sarah J Maas.

I cannot explain quite how much I love this pairing. They're just meant to be together, they're perfect and yeah, just perfect.

(Art by Taratjah)

5. Haymitch Abernathy and Effie Trinket - Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins.

Now this one I kind of have to blame on the movies. I admit it passed through my brain briefly when reading the books but it wasn't until the films and more specifically Elizabeth Banks' hardcore shipping of them that made me jump on the Hayffie bandwagon.



6. Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley - Harry Potter series by JK Rowling.

I love Ron and Hermione. I think Ron is such an underrated character and both he and Hermione bring things out in each other which they need to round out their personalities. I think they're just a down to earth cute couple and I will always love them.

(Art by lberghol)


7. Elizabeth Bennett and Fitzwilliam Darcy - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.
I re-read Pride and Prejudice every year and it was probably one of my first OTP's. I have pretty much always wanted to be Elizabeth and adore her character. I like how both she and Darcy have to learn some truths about themselves before they can be together and that they are willing to do that. The BBC version is also the only adaptation I can watch.

(Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle from BBC's Pride and Prejudice)


8. Tiberius Blackthorn and Kit Rook - Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare
So we don't really see much of these two characters but what we did see struck me immediately and I absolutely have high hopes for Lord of Shadows when it comes to developing these characters more. 



9. Will Herondale and Jem Carstairs - Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare.
I know some people view this as controversial but I always loved these two and kind of wanted them to be together - with or without Tessa I am not too fussy lol. I love their relationship and how it was Jem who worked his way into Will's heart and how much he is willing to give up for his parabatai. 


No comments:

Post a Comment