Tuesday, 28 February 2017

February Bookhaul

So my February book haul was a little larger than expected. Take a look below and see what I got!

Pre-Orders were as follows;



Dawn Study by Maria V Snyder, Kings Cage by Victoria Aveyard and The Scarecrow Queen by Melinda Salisbury.

The next 6 books I got were on a 3 for £10 offer on Amazon.



I got Rebel of the Sands by Alwyn Hamilton, Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake, The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, The Queen of the Tearling by Erika Johansen, Stealing Snow by Danielle Page and Four A Divergent Collection by Veronica Roth.


  


I also got the next 5 books in charity shops and these were Shatter Me, Unravel Me, Ignite Me and Unite Me by Tahereh Mafi and A Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor.


In my February Fairyloot box I got Empress of a Thousand Skies by Rhoda Belleza, so I guess this can kind of go on my expected list.



Then because I fell in love with Rebel of the Sands I ordered Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton and then added Illuminae by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufman to get free delivery.


I then made the mistake of going to Tesco and as a result I now own Library of Souls by Ransom Riggs and Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare both of which were on a 2 for £7 offer. I do already have a special signed hardback edition of Lady Midnight but I wanted the paperback because it's so pretty and this one has sprayed green edged pages.


Then I decided that since everybody is talking about this series and it is now complete I would order A Darker Shade of Magic, A Gathering of Shadows and A Conjuring of Light by VE Schwab.




And finally Amazon had an offer on the following ebooks at 99p each so I got Passenger by Alexandra Bracken, Wolf by Wolf by Ryan Graudin and The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh.




So there it is, my book haul for February 2017. 21 paperback books, 1 hardback and 3 ebooks bringing the total to 25 books. March should hopefully be quieter as I start to work my way through them.

Let me know what you hauled in February and if there are any I got that you liked/didn't like/were indifferent to, etc.

2 comments:

  1. We're fiction only yeah?

    New books for Feb were Dawn Study by Maria V Snyder and Red Queen and Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard. I was already reading Farthest Shore by Ursula K Le Guin.

    Favourite would have to be Dawn Study and least favourite Farthest Shore. Farthest Shore possibly didn't get a fair go as I think I've been reading it since 2015 and any story drawn out that long there will become somewhat hard to follow. I think the poorest book was Red Queen, the story is good, which kept me interested but I'm not keen on the author's writing style. I was helped along though by reading in a book club, it gives you a big more investment. I do have the second book in the series though as I am hoping that the style improves.

    Not nearly as many as you but still more reading than I have done in a while!

    Dans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really buy non-fiction books but if you do then definitely include them in your haul.

      Dawn Study was definitely a big highlight in February and I'm sad that the series is finished now.

      I didn't have too much trouble with the Red Queen writing style but I did find the second book to be a lot more engaging than the first. More seems to happen I think. It's interesting how reading as part of a club or group can influence whether or not you continue with a book or give up.

      Any amount of reading is good reading! It's never about quantity.

      Delete