Monday, 26 June 2017

Book Box Club Unboxing June 2017



In this post I am going to be unboxing the June 2017 Book Box Club box. (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)

Book Box Club is a monthly book subscription box. Each month you receive a specially selected YA book release and 2-4 hand picked goodies which fit in with the theme. Book Box Club also hosts a members only online book club where subscribers get a chance to chat to each other as well as the author about the book.


The theme this month was Schoolroom Scandals. (Spoiler filled post under the cut)





The first thing I saw upon opening the box was the spoiler card which listed everything in the box.

  


Inside the box was a pouch/pencil case with a John Green quote on it as well as a candle by Meraki Candles which was called Bayview Badboy, and it smelt really nice.



Then there was a little set of sticky notes with remember on them and then a glasses ring by the Locket Library. (Also included but not photographed because I am rubbish was a little pot of jelly beans with my name on)



Also included this month was an ARC chosen at random by the Book Box Club Girls. Mine was After the Fire by Will Hill (The things I've seen are burned into me, like scars that refuse to fade.

Father John controls everything inside The Fence. And Father John likes rules. Especially about never talking to Outsiders. Because Father John knows the truth. He knows what is right, and what is wrong. He knows what is coming.

Moonbeam is starting to doubt, though. She's starting to see the lies behind Father John's words. She wants him to be found out.

What if the only way out of the darkness is to light a fire?)

This is definitely not my usual genre but it does seem quite interesting so I'll be giving that a go at some point.




The book this month was One of us is Lying by Karen M. McManus. Also included was a signed bookplate from the author! Which I only found after my unboxing.

Synopsis: 

Yale hopeful Bronwyn has never publicly broken a rule.
Sports star Cooper only knows what he's doing in the baseball diamond.
Bad body Nate is one misstep away from a life of crime.
Prom queen Addy is holding together the cracks in her perfect life.
And outsider Simon, creator of the notorious gossip app at Bayview High, won't ever talk about any of them again.
He dies 24 hours before he could post their deepest secrets online. Investigators conclude it's no accident. All of them are suspects.
Everyone has secrets, right?
What really matters is how far you'll go to protect them.


I liked this box but I did feel it wasn't as strong as previous boxes and I do always find it a little bit of a disappointment when the book included is a paperback and the items don't really make up for that - though the signed bookplate was a nice addition. 


July's box is called Spells and Remedies, I have no idea what the book is but I am hoping for fantasy because it sounds that way inclined.



(I did a video of this unboxing which can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqqF0j8Lua4)

No comments:

Post a Comment