Saturday, 3 June 2017

Not so Mad May

This is my review of May.

May was a relatively quiet month which was nice after the busy time which was April.




Firstly from Friday 5th until Sunday 7th May I was at a Game of Thrones convention in Southport called Crown Con. It's a small fairly relaxed convention and I came away from it having had a fab time with friends and with a couple of nice pieces of jewellery and a new corset.

 


On Saturday 20th May I went to see a play at Southwark Playhouse called A Lie of the Mind starring Gethin Anthony (Renly, Game of Thrones) and Alexandra Dowling (Queen Anne, BBC Musketeers). The play was very good, with the first half being much stronger than the second in my opinion. We also ate at a gluten free bakery which was lovely and had a really nice day walking around taking photos for the Harry Potter Readathon challenge.

 


In the Month of May I only saw 3 films at the cinema:

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword - 4/5 stars. I enjoyed this film a lot, it was original and fun and I really liked the soundtrack which was like a mix of folk and rock music.

Alien: Covenant - 3.5/5 stars. I didn't expect much of this if I am honest especially after the awful film that was Prometheus but surprisingly this wasn't awful. It wasn't the most amazing film but it wasn't a bad way to spend two hours and I did like the characters in it.

Snatched - 2.5/5 stars. I had seen the trailers for this and it was somewhat amusing. I love Goldie Hawn and Amy Schumer makes me laugh so I thought it might be fun. And while it was okay I found the jokes mostly juvenile and Schumer relied on that along with physical comedy to carry the film.



No comments:

Post a Comment