Details:
Title: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Author: JK Rowling
Publisher: Bloomsbury
ISBN 13: 978-0747538493
Synopsis:
Harry Potter is a wizard. He is in his second year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Little does he know that this year will be just as eventful as the last ...even getting there is an adventure in itself! The three firm friends, Harry, Ron and Hermione, are soon immersed in the daily round of Potions, Herbology, Charms, Defence Against the Dark Arts, and Quidditch. But then horrible and mysterious things begin to happen. Harry keeps hearing strange voices, sinister and dark messages appear on the wall, and then Ron's sister Ginny disappears...
As I've said I am re-reading these books as part of the Harry Potter readathon 2017. I have to admit I wasn't looking forward to this one as I recalled it being the weakest of all the series however it did go above my expectations and there were some parts I very much enjoyed. Gilderoy still irritates me as does Hermione's determination to see him as amazing through most of the book despite it being obvious he's an awful teacher. But I did enjoy reading it and picked up on things that I didn't when I first read it. Which I think is going to be a recurring theme throughout this re-read.
I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars because while it is an important part of the series it is definitely not my favourite story.

No comments:
Post a Comment