Details:
Title: Release
Author: Patrick Ness
Publisher: Walker Books
ISBN 13: 978-1406331172
Synopsis:
It's Saturday, it's summer and, although he doesn't know it yet, everything in Adam Thorn's life is going to fall apart. But maybe, just maybe, he'll find freedom from the release. Time is running out though, because way across town, a ghost has risen from the lake...
Review:
This book had me so torn. On the one hand the story about Adam had me hooked, I really enjoyed it as we followed his realisation and appreciation of who he is and what he has. I loved Angela and Linus and would love to be friends with them too. Issues are handled well in my opinion and I liked the overall positive messages from it.
But then there is the parallel story running alongside Adam's about a dead girl wanting to find peace. I felt that to be very unnecessary and I really didn't care about those characters.
This book had me so torn. On the one hand the story about Adam had me hooked, I really enjoyed it as we followed his realisation and appreciation of who he is and what he has. I loved Angela and Linus and would love to be friends with them too. Issues are handled well in my opinion and I liked the overall positive messages from it.
But then there is the parallel story running alongside Adam's about a dead girl wanting to find peace. I felt that to be very unnecessary and I really didn't care about those characters.
I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars. Without the supernatural storyline I would have given this book a higher rating.

No comments:
Post a Comment