Details:
Title: Monstress
Author: Marjorie Liu
Publisher: Image Comics
ISBN 13: 978-1632157096
Synopsis:
Set in an alternate matriarchal 1900's Asia, in a richly imagined world of art deco-inflected steam punk, MONSTRESS tells the story of a teenage girl who is struggling to survive the trauma of war, and who shares a mysterious psychic link with a monster of tremendous power, a connection that will transform them both and make them the target of both human and otherworldly powers.
Review:
I really love the artwork in this graphic novel, it's absolutely beautiful. It was also a really good length too. I like the main character and am very intrigued by her backstory, in fact the whole volume is a good mix of teasing the past story and keeping up the current one too. The little fox child is adorable and I really like the intelligent cats too. I am a little confused at this point but I am thinking the next volume might help clear that up.
I really love the artwork in this graphic novel, it's absolutely beautiful. It was also a really good length too. I like the main character and am very intrigued by her backstory, in fact the whole volume is a good mix of teasing the past story and keeping up the current one too. The little fox child is adorable and I really like the intelligent cats too. I am a little confused at this point but I am thinking the next volume might help clear that up.
I gave this book 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment