Saturday, 14 April 2018

Review #50 - The Company of Eight by Harriet Whitehorn



Details:

Title: The Company of Eight  (Advanced Copy for Review)
Author: Harriet Whitehorn
Publisher: Stripes Publishing
ISBN 13: 978-1847159229

Synopsis:

When Ravellous's Circus Ship comes to Minaris, Cass is determined to audition despite her guardian Mrs Potts's disapproval. But when her chance is snatched away from her, Cass refuses to give up. She sets out to follow the Circus Ship and the journey leads her into dangers that challenge even her adventurous spirit. Will she succeed in following her dream, or is her destiny something altogether different? 
Review:

This was a really good fun and adventure filled book. The writing was a little on the younger side of middle grade but it was still enjoyable. The characters were great and I especially loved Rip, hoping to see more of him in future books should there be any. The story did seem to wrap up quite quickly and nearly but I have noticed that happens with a lot of middle grade. Overall a great story and one I would continue on with.

I gave this book 3.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment