Tuesday, 24 April 2018

Review #53 - Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo



Details:

Title: Six of Crows
Author: Leigh Bardugo
Publisher: Orion's Childrens Books
ISBN 13: 978-1780622286

Synopsis:


Criminal prodigy Kaz Brekker is offered a chance at a deadly heist that could make him rich beyond his wildest dreams - but he can't pull it off alone.
A convict with a thirst for revenge.
A sharpshooter who can't walk away from a wager.
A runaway with a privileged past.
A spy known as the Wraith.
A Heartrender using her magic to survive the slums.
A thief with a gift for unlikely escapes.
Six dangerous outcasts. One impossible heist.
Kaz's crew is the only thing that might stand between the world and destruction - if they don't kill each other first.
Review:

I have an admission to make I did read the first book in the Grisha trilogy (Siege and Storm) and unlike others I wasn't too impressed with it so I had avoided the rest of the series and this duology. However I am so glad I gave it a go. Firstly I should say I listened to the audiobook and I absolutely adored the narration. Each character was a different narrator and I think that really added to the experience.

The plot was fun and a proper group heist plot, with action alongside planning and some touching moments. Also thanks to the different point of view chapters I felt we got to know all of the team really well and understood their individual motivations. 

The one thing that got me was the cliffhanger ending! I had to move onto the next book straight away. 

I gave this book 5 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment