Tuesday, 24 April 2018

Review #56 - Princeless: Raven the Pirate Princess vol 4 - Jeremy Whitley




Details:

Title: Princeless: Raven the Pirate Princess vol 4
Author: Jeremy Whitley
Publisher: Action Lab Entertainment
ISBN 13: 978-1632292643

Synopsis:

High adventures on the high sea is back! With her crew restored from their run-in with her treacherous brothers, Raven is ready to reclaim what was stolen from her. 

But when a night of revelry takes a turn and the crew is taken unawares, will they be able to fight off an invasion and keep their ship afloat? And after Raven came to terms with her feelings for one of her crew last adventure, will she be able to confess those feelings to the one person that matters? Or will another romantic mishap throw their relationship off track before it really even starts?
Review:

This volume felt a little disjointed. From what I can find out it looks like the creators took a break for a year or so before returning to the series and I think this volume did suffer a little because of it. I don't know if it's fan influence or something but the romantic storyline seems to have shifted in a totally different direction and I found myself feeling really sorry for Ximena. The art was also not as up to par as previously with things like hair colour and clothing changing from scene to scene. Hopefully this will be cleared up for the next issue.

The one bonus to restarting seems to be the removal of all the crappy ads throughout the volume though.

I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment