Wednesday, 28 August 2019

Fairyloot Unboxing August 2019



This is the unboxing of the August 2019 FairyLoot box. (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)

FairyLoot is a monthly book subscription box mainly focusing on fantasy YA and YA crossovers. Each month you receive a new release book, mostly hardback and 4-6 bookish items which fit in with the theme.


The theme this month was Things Are Not What They Seem

 (Spoiler filled post under the cut)




The artwork on the spoiler card was very pretty I loved the muted colours.



The first item I found was a lovely set of cutlery inspired by the Lunar Chronicles, I really like the quotes on these and their overall appearance is lovely.


Next there was a Thomas Cresswell candle, the scent was coffee and chocolate and I wasn't personally a fan, and there was a set of 3 scrunchies inspired by the Graceling books by Kristin Cashore.



Next up there was a Brandon Sanderson quote on a metal bookmark and a Lord of the Rings design on the back of a small hand mirror.



The biggest item in the box was an Ember in the Ashes cushion cover.


As before the box included the two latest tarot cards - this time they were characters from Harry Potter, we got Harry and Hermione.



There was one added extra in the box this month which was a Merciful Crow pencil case. 







The book this month was The Merciful Crow by Margaret Own which was signed directly by the author, had an embossed crow on the naked cover, artwork on the dust jacket and included an author letter with additional artwork.

Synopsis: 

As a future chieftain of the Crow caste, sixteen-year-old Fie abides by one rule: look after your own. Her clan of undertakers and mercy-killers takes more abuse than coin, but when her family is called to collect royal dead, she's hoping they'll find the payout of a lifetime. Instead, they find a still-living crown prince, his cunning bodyguard, and a common foe: a ruthless usurper queen who wants them all dead. Fie agrees to smuggle the prince across the nation in exchange for her people's safety. But with the queen's brutal hunters on their tail, she's forced to make the sacrifices that define a true leader.



I thought this box was really nice, I really liked most of the items. The only things I won't really use is the mirror because I don't use them and the candle but that is purely because the scent is not to my liking. The items were all solid and the box well put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment