Tuesday, 20 August 2019

Owlcrate Unboxing August 2019




In this post I am going to be unboxing the August 2019 Owlcrate. (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)

Owlcrate is a monthly book subscription box from the USA. Each month you receive a brand new young adult novel and 3-5 bookish items along with exclusive goodies from the author.


The theme this month was Storms and Seas (Spoiler filled post under the cut)





The first thing I saw upon opening the box was the spoiler card which listed everything in the box on the back.

  

The first item I came across was a box which contained a little lantern. This was a really unique item and I am looking forward to getting a little light to put inside it.



Next up was Sea Witch inspired tea (which I have since tried and is very very tasty) and The Little Mermaid inspired bath salts which smell gorgeous.




Next up was a tin pencil case with a quote from The Scorpio Races on it and a beautiful wooden bookmark with a quote from Daughter of the Pirate King on it, this is one of my favourite items. 



The last item was the pin badge of the month which as usual related to the book included.




The book this month was House of Salt and Sorrows by Erin A. Craig. This was signed by the author, had an exclusive cover, an embossed naked cover and came with a letter from the author.

Synopsis: 

Annaleigh lives a sheltered life at Highmoor, a manor by the sea, with her sisters, their father, and stepmother. Once they were twelve, but loneliness fills the grand halls now that four of the girls' lives have been cut short. Each death was more tragic than the last--the plague, a plummeting fall, a drowning, a slippery plunge--and there are whispers throughout the surrounding villages that the family is cursed by the gods.
Disturbed by a series of ghostly visions, Annaleigh becomes increasingly suspicious that the deaths were no accidents. Her sisters have been sneaking out every night to attend glittering balls, dancing until dawn in silk gowns and shimmering slippers, and Annaleigh isn't sure whether to try to stop them or to join their forbidden trysts. Because who--or what--are they really dancing with?
When Annaleigh's involvement with a mysterious stranger who has secrets of his own intensifies, it's a race to unravel the darkness that has fallen over her family--before it claims her next.



I thought this was a really strong box. The tea was delicious, the bath salts I am looking forward to using, the bookmark was beautiful and the lantern was clever. The only thing I can't see myself using is the pencil tin. 

No comments:

Post a Comment