Wednesday, 19 February 2020

Of Curses and Kisses Book Tag


I was tagged by Thya in her blog over at Wilted Pages and am excited to answer the questions!



JAYA - Favourite Fictional Bookworm

Tyrion from A Song of Ice and Fire. I really like Tyrion and in the book series I feel we get to know him a bit better than in the TV show. 


GREY - Favourite Brooding Character

Kaz Brekker from Six of Crows/Crooked Kingdom duology. Kaz is the perfect example of a broody character, he spends a lot of time brooding (though for good reason to be fair)


ST ROSETTAS ACADEMY - Favourite Fictional School

Eleanor West's Home for Wayward Children - this series by Seanan McGuire is an incredible collection of novellas and I love them.


JAYA AND ISHA - Favourite Fictional Siblings

Alec and Izzy Lightwood from the Shadowhunter series by Cassandra Clare. I adore their sibling relationship and how protective of each other they are.



ROMANCE AND REVENGE - A book that features both themes


Nevernight by Jay Kristoff, the theme of revenge is definitely one of the main ones but romance - or a version of it - definitely features. Especially towards the end of the trilogy.


ROSE PENDANT - A book featuring a touch of magic

A Touch of Gold - I took this maybe more literally than I was meant to but I did adore this book. And I am now definitely a big fan of Annie Sullivan's writing.



RAO AND EMERSON FAMILIES - A book that deals with the pressure of family expectations

Sorrow from State of Sorrow duology. I love Sorrow, her strength is amazing and I was just rooting for her throughout the whole duology. Each book was in my top ten list for 2018 & 2019.


LEO, RAHUL AND DAPHNE ELIZABETH - A book featuring a supportive friendship group


Greatcoats series by Sebastian de Castell. I am such a Sebastien de Castell fangirl, the man can do no wrong in my opinion and it's an amazing bonus that he is such a nice man in real life too. Very funny and willing to put up with us crazy readers.


ENEMIES TO LOVERS - A book featuring this trope

The Dark Gifts Trilogy was a revelation to me, the first book took me a while to get into but as soon as I did I was hooked and, for me, Luke and Silya are definitely an amazing example of enemies to lovers.


CATERINA - A character that seems like an ice queen/king but is actually a cinammon roll

Warden from The Bone Season series definitely fits this description for me and I am so excited that the fourth book will be out late 2020 or early 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment