Thursday, 6 February 2020

The ABC book challenge - 'B'


I started this tag here on 23rd Jan (I then missed last week due to overlapping posts) so please enjoy week two which is 'B'.


Memorable/Favourite books beginning with 'B'






The Bear and the Nightingale by Katherine Arden

I read this towards the end of 2017 and became enthralled by the whole trilogy. It was a very rich story full of mystery, suspense and magic. And the covers are stunning too.




The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon

Despite owning a signed copy of this since 2013 I didn't read it until 2017 and was then annoyed at myself for waiting so long. I find this series to be really clever and well thought out. Paige is one of my favourite characters and I am impatiently waiting for the next book in the series.


Beyond a darkened shore by Jessica Leake

I read this mid 2019 and enjoyed the mash up of Norse and Celtic mythology. The main character is a total badass and I loved listening to this on audiobook.



Books on my TBR list which start with the letter 'B'





Before Mars by Emma Newman

I said in my 'A' choices about book 4 in this series and this is book 3 which I am excited to read. Emma Newman is a talented writer who manages to do great character studies but still keep the scifi element at the forefront of her stories.


Belle Revolte by Linsey Miller

I have recently discovered a love of historical fiction and the blurb of this one sounds right up my street. I have an arc too so I would love to get to this before it's actual release date.


Black Widow: Forever Red by Margaret Stohl

I have a few Marvel type books which I want to read in 2020 and this is one of them. I love Black Widow and really do need to prioritise this.

No comments:

Post a Comment