I discovered this readathon on twitter and am excited to participate during the month of March 2020.
Group book- Shadowhunter companion novel
I went for Ghosts of the Shadow Market as I heard there are a few relevant stories in there which should be read before Chain of Gold.
HERONDALE - Read a backlist book
I picked The Raven Boys by Maggie Stievater as I have had a signed hardback copy of this book since 2016 when I got it on holiday in New York, so figured now would be a good time to read it.
CARSTAIRS - Read a horror book
I picked Hold back the tide by Melinda Salisbury for this one. Technically it is fantasy but a few reviews have said it's really scary and spooky so I am going with it.
LIGHTWOOD - Read a book with a strong sibling connection
I have picked A Sprinkle of Sorcery by Michelle Harrison as the three main characters are sisters and I cannot wait to read all about their second adventure!
BLACKTHORN - Read a book with a rebellion
I have been reliably informed that Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian will fit this prompt well.
MORGENSTERN - Read a book with 400+ pages
Heart of Flames by Nicki Pau Preto became one of my most anticipated reads after finishing Crown of Feathers in January and at over 600 pages it definitely fits this prompt!
FAIRCHILD - Read a sequel
I adored the first book in Jodi Taylor's St Mary's series and am looking forward to continuing on with A Symphony of Echoes.
TESSA GREY - Read a book with a strong female protagonist
I figure you can't get much stronger than Captain Marvel and since the Marvel film was released I've been wanting to read her graphic novel series.
KIERAN - Read a book with a beautiful cover
The Shadows Between Us by Tricia Levenseller is one of my most anticipated books of the year and my copy is even more beautiful than the one below as I got the Fairyloot purple version.
LUKE - Read a book with an animal on the cover
I really liked Evie and the Animals by Matt Haig so when I saw there was a short story for World Book Day I knew I had to read it.
RAPHAEL - Read a book with a red cover (or red on the cover)
I was gifted DIE vol 1 for Christmas and I am really looking forward to reading it.
MAGNUS - Read a book with an #ownvoice author
Song of the Crimson Flower has been waiting on my kindle for ages and I figured this was the perfect prompt to use it for. I loved Julie C Dao's other books and am looking forward to reading this one.
SIMON - Read a book with a sun on the cover or the word in the title
I have to admit I didn't know there was a sun on the front of this until I saw Sam's post on twitter and went to check and woohoo! I am so looking forward to this book! And bonus is I will be buddy reading it with my bestie as we are off on a weeks holiday in a cottage.













No comments:
Post a Comment