Thursday, 20 April 2017

April 2017 Unboxing - May the odds be ever in your favour by Bookworm candles & crafts



So this post is going to be an unboxing of the April 2017 Bookworm candles and craft box (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)

Bookworm candles and craft box is a monthly subscription box which contains 6-8 bookish related items always including a candle, soap or body product and other surprise items all pertaining to the theme.


The theme for the month of April was May the odds be ever in your favour. (Spoiler filled post under the cut)






As before the box was packaged really well and everything was secure. This month the colour theme was orange.



The spoiler card was the first thing I saw which I avoided as I didn't want to be spoiled :)

The first item I pulled from the box was a little spray bottle which was a fragrance mist called Peeta's Bakery and smelt like almond paste, sugar flowers and love. It was very sweet and smelt like cakes and icing. Then I opened a little package which contained 3 bookmarks with different quotes from the series on them. The last little item before the candles was a necklace with a parachute charm and a little swarovski pearl on it.




Then it was onto the candles. The first candle I pulled was the Haymitch candle (wood smoke, white liquor and stay alive) which I was very excited about as I adore Haymitch so very much and it smelt absolutely beautiful! The next one was the Katniss candle (plum, leather and woods) which was really fresh and I could definitely smell the plum. Then there was an Effie candle (butterflies, mahogany and sparkle) which one again had me very excited (Big Hayffie shipper) this one had a deep rich smell which was really nice. Then next up was the Peeta candle (bread, dandelions and calmness) which smelt to me like a softer version of the bakery scent. I somehow got almond from it. The last candle was a larger 'moment' candle which was Katniss and Peeta's cave kisses (dandelions, survival and realness) that one was lighter and floral.


I absolutely loved this box! I am beyond happy with the Haymitch and Effie candles which are now my favourites and everything included was one again well thought out and picked perfectly. This store is definitely my favourite bookish fandom candle makers and I look forward to getting more soon :)



The next box is 'Camp Half Blood' and is Percy Jackson themed. I've not read the books and only seen a couple of the films so I won't be getting that one but if it sounds like your kind of thing then get yours now by visiting Bookworm Candles and Crafts store (http://www.bookwormcandlesandcrafts.bigcartel.com/)


You can see my video of the unboxing here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcMe0sCtpy0  




No comments:

Post a Comment