Thursday, 13 April 2017

Review #18 - Conjuror by John and Carole Barrowman




Details:

Title: 
Conjuror
Author: John and Carole Barrowman
Publisher: Head of Zeus
ISBN 13: 978-1781856376

Synopsis:

There are three things in this world that seventeen-year-old Rémy would guard with his life: his gold pendant, his blues harmonica and his mother's journal. This is all he has left of his murdered family. And he believes these objects will lead him to their killers.
Rémy can't hunt them down alone. He needs Matt and Em Calder, twins who can bring art to life and travel through paintings. For, like them, Rémy has supernatural powers. He is a Conjuror, descendant of an ancient bloodline that can change reality with music.


Review:
This book took me longer than it should have to read purely because it was so easy to pick up and put down that I kept doing that. But once I focused on it and decided to finish it was a quick entertaining read. 

The story focuses on Remy who is a conjuror meaning he can use music to alter reality much like Matt and Em can use drawing to bring things to life. I do think if you read this book without reading the Hollow Earth series it would be more difficult to follow since Matt and Em and their backstory aren't explained in a lot of detail. But having read the previous trilogy I enjoyed this a lot. 

It will definitely be interesting to see where the story goes from here and I am looking forward to reading book 2 in this series. I gave this book 3 out of 5 stars.

***

No comments:

Post a Comment