In this post I am going to be unboxing the September 2017 Book Box Club box. (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)
Book Box Club is a monthly book subscription box. Each month you receive a specially selected YA book release and 2-4 hand picked goodies which fit in with the theme. Book Box Club also hosts a members only online book club where subscribers get a chance to chat to each other as well as the author about the book.
The theme this month was Outlaws. (Spoiler filled post under the cut)
The first thing I saw upon opening the box was the spoiler card which listed everything in the box. There was also a letter from the girls as it is their first anniversary of the boxes and they wanted to thank us for being part of it. I thought this was an especially nice touch.
Inside the box was a birthday shortbread biscuit, which by the way was really tasty with a cup of tea, and a pair of blue socks with an acrobat on the back of a horse in orange on them. I personally love socks so this was awesome and I was very happy with these!
Next up was a set of Harry Potter postcards with three different designs. I really loved these and the Marauders pic is brilliant, Sirius Black has to be my favourite though.
Next up was a set of Harry Potter postcards with three different designs. I really loved these and the Marauders pic is brilliant, Sirius Black has to be my favourite though.
The last few items were a Robin Hood bookmark which was absolutely adorable! An Inej (Six of Crows) lipbalm which was caramel and cinnamon but reminded me of Cherry tunes) and a set of pencils with the names of John Green books on them.
As a bonus for the birthday box there was a random ARC included which is always cool. Though I have to admit seeing some other boxes I am disappointed with mine. Others got much more recent arcs and ones which suit my reading tastes more. But it's just the luck of the draw I guess.
The book this month was A Jigsaw of Fire and Stars by Yaba Badoe. And this month the book was already signed by the author which was pretty cool!
Synopsis:
Sante was a baby when she was washed ashore in a sea-chest laden with treasure. It seems she is the sole survivor of the tragic sinking of a ship carrying migrants and refugees. Her people.
Fourteen years on she's a member of Mama Rose's unique and dazzling circus. But, from their watery grave, the unquiet dead are calling Sante to avenge them:
A bamboo flute. A golden bangle. A ripening mango which must not fall... if Sante is to tell their story and her own.
I liked this box a lot, I loved the socks and the art postcards. The bookmark was really cure and went with the theme and the birthday cookie was very tasty. The only slight disappointment was the arc which I guess was just the luck of the draw.
(Note - The girls included a Book Box Club tote bag in this box for those who had purchased 4 or more boxes and who they didn't see at YALC - I went to YALC and got my bag there so it was not included in the box)
October's box is called Quests and Legends and it sounds really good. I'm not going to deny that I may be hoping for something Arthurian related ;)
(My YouTube unboxing of Outlaws can be found here)
(My YouTube unboxing of Outlaws can be found here)












No comments:
Post a Comment