This is the unboxing of the September 2017 FairyLoot box. (What follows will contain spoilers so please do not read if you don't want to know what is in the box)
FairyLoot is a monthly book subscription box mainly focusing on fantasy YA and YA crossovers. Each month you receive a new release book, mostly hardback and 4-6 bookish items which fit in with the theme.
The theme this month was All That Sass
(Spoiler filled post under the cut)
The artwork on the spoiler card was absolutely beautiful and reminded me of Celaena from the Throne of Glass series.
The first items I found in the box was a beanie hat with Rattle the Stars stitched into it, this comes from the Throne of Glass series and while I don't wear hats I did actually wear this one on holiday. It was very warm and comfortable. There was also a pouch of Hot Chocolate - sadly the flavour was more like a spiced milky tea than hot chocolate. There was no hot chocolate flavour at all.
Next there was a tote bag with a quote from Cassandra Clare's Clockwork Angel - being a huge Will Herondale fan I loved this item a lot. There was also a High Warlock candle which was tiny but smelt lovely and was obviously inspired by Magnus Bane from the Shadowhunter series by Cassandra Clare.
Next up there were two prints by Taratjah, one of Thorne Caswell from the Lunar Chronicles and one of Lila Bard from A Darker Shade of Magic - which I adore! There was also a Harry Potter magnet :)
Lastly was a Grisha notepad which was really pretty along with a chapter sampler for A Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue and a bookmark for Tower of Dawn.
The book this month was Even the Darkest Stars by Heather Fawcett.
Synopsis:
Kamzin has always dreamed of becoming one of the Emperor’s royal explorers, the elite climbers tasked with mapping the wintry, mountainous Empire and spying on its enemies. She knows she could be the best in the world, if only someone would give her a chance.
But everything changes when the mysterious and eccentric River Shara, the greatest explorer ever known, arrives in her village and demands to hire Kamzin—not her older sister Lusha, as everyone had expected—for his next expedition. This is Kamzin’s chance to prove herself—even though River’s mission to retrieve a rare talisman for the emperor means climbing Raksha, the tallest and deadliest mountain in the Aryas. Then Lusha sets off on her own mission to Raksha with a rival explorer who is determined to best River, and Kamzin must decide what’s most important to her: protecting her sister from the countless perils of the climb or beating her to the summit.
The challenges of climbing Raksha are unlike anything Kamzin expected—or prepared for—with avalanches, ice chasms, ghosts, and even worse at every turn. And as dark secrets are revealed, Kamzin must unravel the truth of their mission and of her companions—while surviving the deadliest climb she has ever faced.
Also included was a letter from the author and a signed bookplate.
I really liked this box. It was a shame the hot chocolate wasn't as nice as I was hoping and the candle was tiny but it was a good box with some useful items and the book is beautiful and looks to be a great read.
Apologies for the late unboxing - I received the box quite late and I have been on holiday/busy for a while.













No comments:
Post a Comment